An imaginary Sony A9
Sony had a very difficult 2016 mainly because of the Kumamoto earthquake that forced them to revise and delay their camera launch roadmap. So hopefully in 2017 things will go smoothly and this is the possible (and impossible) 2017 camera roadmap based on the rumors we got the past months:
- Highly Likely: New Sony A7 mark III (New 24MP sensor, maybe dual SD card slot, improved autofocus)
- Highly Likely: New Sony A9 (or A7 mark III?). Larger body, duals SD (or XQD) card, unlimited RAW recording, new High Resolution Megapixel sensor (around 70MP?)
- Likely: New A77 mark III. New 24MP sensor, faster autofocus system
- Uncertain: New A7s mark III. Not sure it will be announced in 2017. Early 2018 is more likely.
- Uncertain: Sony A5300. It’s unclear if Sony wants to continue that series or simply keep the A6000 as entry-level camera.
- Uncertain: RX5 APS-C camera with zoom lens
- Wishful thinking: RX camera with Sony’s 101 Megapixel medium format sensor
Time to ask our readers to express their opinion: