It’s time for a roundup of the next rumors cameras and lenses. I will divide them into “rumors from known sources” and “rumors from new sources”:
Rumors from known sources:
- Sony High End E-mount camera:
– “The next generation flagship mirrorless camera from Sony will be a giant leap. It will drop a huge bomb in the imaging industry. It will not be A7III or A7RIII. It will be a new model above A7 series. I would say A9 (let’s name it as the new model). So the new A9 will have dual XQD card slot, no CFast version, only XQD. A9 can do UNLIMITED RAW burst, UNLIMITED. The camera wont pause for buffering.”
– “The camera will be slightly bigger than the current A7 series”
Editor’s note: Join the Sony A9 facebook group !
- Sony A99 successor:
– The camera is on the Sony roadmap and development has finished. But the release date unclear yet.
Editor’s note: I hope the fact development has finished means also that it’s coming this year. It’s the only way to kill the “A-mount is dead calls” :(
- Sony STF:
– Sony will release a STF FE lens:
– Zeiss will launch both new Batis and Loxia lenses in September/October.
– For sure there are telephotos among them
– Could be 2 Loxias and 2 Batis
- Sony GM:
– The next zoom lens will be a 16-35mm f/2.8 GM
Profoto b1 air remote is coming for Sony by end of 2016
Rumors from new sources:
Batis 135mm and Loxia 85mm are coming
- Sony STF:
100mm f/2.8 STF FE autofocus lens
- Sony A99II:
– Possible specs:
42 Megapixel sensor
499 AF points
4K video recording
Same A7rII IBIS
Dual card slot
improved flash system+battery
will ship together with new 24-105 f/4.0
– “The new compact and high speed Sony camera (RX100 V) will switch from SD Card to UFS Card storage. The card size is similar to microSD saveing space in the camera body and the speed increased to up to 600MB/s enabling longer slowmo Videos and higher FPS shooting. Sony will if this is succesful also use this format in future higher class cameras”
- E-mount lens:
sony will add PZ to FE16-35 24-70 70-200
- Sony A7III:
To be announced at Photokina
I hope this helps to get a more clear overview of what could be announced the coming months. Please note that Sony will announce most of the stuff OFF the shows! So don’t be surprised if some of the hot stuff will be announced weeks after Photokina!
To all sources or people “who knows” stuff:
You can send information anonymously by using the following contact form:
It’s not required to share your email address or name. But It would be useful if you use some kind of nickname so that I can recognize you as trusted source in the future :)
For direct contact write me at email@example.com. Thanks!
A note on general talk on rumors:
Of course rumors can be wrong….particularly low ranked rumors please keep that in mind! And rarely also good sources can get some “wrong” information and/or Sony can change their roadmap.
So just a reminder to the folks here, these are the rumors (from SAR and not from other sites!) that were correct the past 12 months:
New A6xxx (or A7xxx) is weather sealed and gets fastest autofocusing of the world.
Sony 85/1.4 G to be annound in September/October?
A6xxx announcement again(!) delayed til February 2016.
Trusted source: Yes, Sony will launch a 85mm G lens soon (creamy bokeh)
This is the logo of the new Sony “G-Master” lens line! First lens is the 24-70mm f/2.8.
New Zeiss Otus is a 28mm lens!
Zeiss to announce a new Loxia 21mm f/2.8 FE lens in mid October.
There is a “Sony event” coming the first week of February
The new A6100 looks just like the “old” A6000.
Sony to announce a new A68! To be unveiled in early November already!
First image leaked of the new Sony Action Camera.
First rumors about the upcoming new f/2.8 FE zoom lenses!
First image of the new Irix 15mm f/2.4 lens!
Sony A6xxx will ship in March!
Batis 18mm f/2.8 lens
Sony will announce a new A-mount camera in early November!
New Sony 24-70mm f/2.8 FE lens gets listed at Sony Assist system!
Next Batis will be a new 18mm wide angle lens.
24-70mm f/2.8 FE will ship in March?
Another fast FE prime will be announced in 2016 (It’s the Zeiss 50mm Planar).
Sony price increases will start on August 1!