Fake A9r rendering at SonyAlphaForum (post your dream A9 renderings there!).
This was a very busy rumor day and at moments even very confusing Therefore this post to clear out things and spread the good news:
1) SR4: Sony will announce the new A7II and the new 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM II A-mount lens within the next few days already!
2) SR4: The Sony A7II succeeds the A7 camera (uses the same 24MP sensor) but comes with an impressive 5 axis stabilization taken with the Olympus E-M1. Compared to the current A7 the A7II thicker (due the different grip). Weights 100 gram more. The camera should be announced within the next days already!
3) SR5: The A7II is not the “PRO” FE camera. The PRO FE camera is likely to be named A9 and will be announced and hit the stores the first half of 2015. And it has a new generation sensor!
In short Sony appears to have managed to make the miracle to add 5 axis stabilization on the Full Frame E-mount cameras. And this is really a big news! Stay tuned on SAR as I think A7II pictures will be (hopefully) leaked soon. And here are the A7II and 70-300mm info via Digicameinfo:
A7II specs (translated via google):
- 24.3 million pixels FF sensor
- 5-axis in body stabilization (same as the Olympus E-M1)
- LCD monitor 3.0-inch 1.23 million dot. 107 degrees up, and tilt 41 degrees below
- EVF 0.5-inch 2.36 million dot
- ISO100-25600 (extended with ISO50). Video ISO200-25600
- The shutter speed is 30 seconds -1/8000 seconds
- 270 sheets at the number of possible shots EVF use. LCD monitor when using 350 sheets
- Continuous shooting 2.5 frames / sec. When speed priority continuous shooting 5 frames / sec.
- Video XAVC S, AVCHD, MP4
- The battery is NP-FW50
- The size of 126.9mm x 95.7mm x 59.7mm
- Weight 599g (including battery and memory)
- Vertical position grip VG-C2EM (sold separately)
- Media Memory Stick PRO Duo / PRO-HG Duo / XC-HG Duo, SD / SDHC / SDXC (UHS-I compatible)
70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM II A-mount specs (translated via google):
- New nano AR coating
- Improved Dynamic tracking AF performance
- Weather proof design
- 16 lenses in 11 groups
- Filter diameter of 62mm
- A minimum focusing distance of 1.2m
- Maximum magnification is 0.25x
- Total length 135.5mm
- Maximum diameter 82.5mm
- Weight 750g
To not miss any of them quickly subscribe our social network:
RSS feed: http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/feed/
And if you have some “rumor” to share just send me an anonymous messages here:
Reminder (SR = Sonyrumor):
SR1=probably fake rumor
SR2=rumor from unknown sources
SR3=50% chance it is correct
SR4=rumor from known sources
SR5=almost certainly correct!
Hot: The full Black Friday deals can be seen on at that Amazon US page (Click here to see the long list).