Image courtesy: DIGIFOTO Pro
Some SAR readers sent me their impression and reports about the Photokina event. Her eis the list…Thanks guys!
1) Anonymous: Sony A99 footage at http://fil.io/FL82vTNAM/Sony%20A99%20raw%20photos%20and%20footage
2) Thomas: “I’m at Photokina. I put my modified Samyang 7.5mm MFT lens on the Sony full frame E-mount VG-900 Handycam. Here are the shots.
Thomas website: http://www.thomashuang.net/products/npym180/npym180.html
3) Alexander: “The Zeiss Lenses are just mock-ups but the Lens-Design is going to stay the same:
32mm 1.8 Planar will be a planar. its very small! Sames size as 35 1.8oss but with 52mm filter
12mm 2.8 Distagon is short but huge and the distagon lens design is inevitable so it will be a distagon at the and
the 50mm is most likely going to be a planar (macro)
I also have Raw+jpeg files from the 16-50 pancake to see of it has any distortion at its widest setup.
From what I can see it has alot of it. Unfortunately the wide angle zoom for E-mount was not available for testing.
The phasedetect focus for now only works with the 16-50mm and the 55-210 it did not work with my Zeiss 24mm! But the firmware is only 0.95
The Focus is fast! and the speed does not vary in bad conditions as much as my nex5n with 24mm does. In contrasty conditions the nex6 + 16-50 was only slighlty faster then nex5n + zeiss @ same f stop and focal.
4) Nexblog: We (NEXblog) haven taken some pictures of the SEL1018 zoomed in and out. While zooming, the lens is 10mm longer at its maximum. Something that you as a user do not suffer from, as it occurs under the hood. On the pictures below you can see cleary the bayonet connection of the hood. Not very huge news, but I have never seen this on the internet. So mayby it is usefull for SAR readers. This is our article: http://nexblog.be/2012/09/19/eerste-indruk-van-de-10-18mm-f4-e-mount/2884/
5) Michal: “I’m travelling back to Poland from photokina. I have photos videos and interview about new Hasselblad/nex7 camera. I also have nikon d600 and a99 jpg/raw iso tests. Just trying to upload this from car
Hasselblad is almost the same camera as nex7. Hassel’s specialists talking about own firmware but preproduction model’s menu is 1:1 like sony. Very nice cameras, with good feeling. Useful grip, but this 2 upper wheels are not so easy to use. Canera is solid. Lots of sony lenses around, but no Hassel’s.”
6) Don: Sony A99 ISO samples on Flickr.
7) Something weird: Anton G.: I spotted this truck in iceland, it made me chuckle.. Alpha powrrrr! good job on sar its the place to go to get news in the morning and read canon fanboys crying in the afternoon… Her eis the image: http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj524/picrumors/DSC_0550-1_zpsfc647c10.jpg