This is the first major deal on the A7s: $200 off at GetDigital on eBay (Click here)!
A7 deals Reminder:
Sony A7-A7r trade in program is back at Adorama (Click here).
$200 off on the A7r body at Amazon, Adorama, BHphoto and SonyStore.
$200 off on the A7 body at Amazon, Adorama, BHphoto and SonyStore.
$200 off on the A7 with kit lens body at Amazon, Adorama, BHphoto and SonyStore.
Rocky Nook sells all their Sony eBooks (also their A7 book) with a 35% discount when you sue the code “RNSY14“.
While E-mount news and rumors are pretty reliable and stable the A-mount future is quite more…unpredictable. The last couple of weeks I got in contact with as many as source as possible to try to gather some reliable info. And this is what I got:
1) A-mount is certain to continue.
2) Sony E-mount success caught Sony a bit “unprepared”. Therefore many A-mount product released have been “delayed” to focus resources and production on E-mount. This because that system needs to be broadened as soon as possible before the competition catches up. Editor’s note: This could be a reason why some of the rumored A-mount lenses planed for 2014 haven’t been released yet
3) Release cycle of A-mount products is getting longer.
4) New A-mount cameras will focus on a more high end market (likely no cheap entry level A-mount camera to come anymore?).
LIke I told you before the next VERY BIG(!) Sony announcement is scheduled for January-February 2015. But none of the sources could yet confirm this is for A-mount. I hope to get mroe about it soon. If you have some “rumor” to share just send me an anonymous messages here:
Plenty of rumors and stuff coming the next days! Do not miss any rumor and join us here:
RSS feed: http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/feed/
Reminder (SR = Sonyrumor):
SR1=probably fake rumor
SR2=rumor from unknown sources
SR3=50% chance it is correct
SR4=rumor from known sources
SR5=almost certainly correct!
10 Reasons Why a Professional Photographer Left Nikon and started shooting with Sony by Jason Lanier
RX100 III and whether we think it is worth upgrading from the RX100 II (BMCR).
The Pro-Democracy Protests in Hong Kong shot on the A7s (Sinosphere).
Philip Bloom Sony a7S Seminar Trailer
Sony A77II first impression/review by a former Sports Illustrated photographer and Sony Artisan Associate (PMRphoto).
German A7s review at Digitalkamera.
Kickstarter campaign for the Infinity Arm has officially launched
RX10 is making my job easier (Soundimagesplus)
Sony A7r field report at Hikinginfinland.
The Sony FE 16-35mm F4 vs Delicate Arch (Brianmatiash).
Oleg: “I filmed some swans with my Sony a65 and created this clip just for fun https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5yRuj1hraE. I used old but nice Tamron 200-400/5.6 lens with manual focus and aperture-proirity mode on f13-f16.
Quality of final video was slightly decreased because it was re-encoded on youtube with stabilizer feature. In windy weather is so difficult to get nice picture with software Anti-shake on 400mm focal. But anyway, i like results getting with this camera and this lens, and filming process too :)”
Edward: “I found out about the Mitakon 50mm f/0.95 first on your website. After a really long wait for the lens to arrive, I’ve finally managed to get some decent samples for a review. I’ve just finished it and thought some of your readers might like see what I found: http://infraedd.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/lens-review-mitakon-50mm-f095.html”
Here are the other most interesting deals:
1) A7r with free extras for $1864 at 6ave (Click here).
2) A7 with lens and with free extras for $1630 at 6ave (Click here).
3) A6000 with lens and with free extras for $684 at 6ave (Click here).
4) RX100 with free extras for $370 at 6ave (Click here).
P.S.: There are now five different Sony cameras and lens deals running at Amazon US (Click here to see them all).