A couple of months ago Sony officially stated via Impress Japan that they are working on a 100 Meapixel sensor (Click here to download the pdf interview). According to our top sources Sony will display a 100 Megapixel camera prototype with organic sensor and modified RGB matrix at the Photokina show in September. Here are the details of the camera named A101:
- SLT technology (pellix mirror can be flipped up!)
- 100 Megapixel sensor with random RGB matrix and no Anti Aliasing Filter. Similar to the current Fuji X PRO 1 sensor matrix.
- Full Frame sensor size with in body Stabilization
- ISO 50 up to 3.200 (with extension to 12.800)
- 3fps. 5fps with vertical grip attached
The camera aims to compete in the same price league of the Nikon D800 (the current most sold DSLR) and the Canon 5DmarkII. As I said, the camera will be shown as prototype and I guess it will be available a couple of months later (early 2013?).
Today…is really a ig day!!!