According to SonyAlphaRumors sources Sony and Zeiss just defined the future lens strategy. All future Zeiss lenses will be Fullframe. There will be no more Zeiss DT lenses (like the Sony 16-80mm f/3.5-4.5 Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T DT Zoom Lens). I also know that there will be at least 3-4 new Zeiss lenses during the next 12-18months. One of these should be the 200mm f/2.0 lens. Reminder: Zeiss made the Aposonnar 200mm f/2.0 for Contax (you can find them used on eBay). The lens itself will be cheaper than the Nikon 200mm f/2G ($4,799.00 at Amazon right now).
We need to doublecheck the rumors we received about the next Zeiss lenses. If you know more about the future Zeiss lenses please contact me using the right form on the sidebar or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Every little help helps! Thanks!
Those are the current fullframe Zeiss lenses (Click on store name to check price and availability):
– Sony 16-35mm f/2.8 ZA Lens (Amazon / Adorama / BHphoto)
– Sony 24mm f/2.0 Distagon T* lens (Amazon / Adorama / BHphoto)
– Sony 24 -70mm f/2.8 Carl Zeiss Vario Sonnar T Zoom Lens (Amazon / Adorama / BHphoto)
– Sony 85mm f1.4 Carl Zeiss Planar T Coated Telephoto Lens (Amazon / Adorama / BHphoto)
– Sony 135mm f/1.8 Carl Zeiss Sonnar T Telephoto Lens (Amazon / Adorama / BHphoto)
P.S: Just my two cent. I would love see a new wide fast Zeiss lens, the 28mm f/1.4 or/and the 35mm f/1.4