And finally after long search SAR readers found these pics on Digicameinfo! These are 100% real (confirmed via my trusted sources). The image on top shows the 24 megapixel A7 with the 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 kit lens. The image below shows the 36 megapixel A7r with the 35mm f/2.8 Zeiss lens. The 28-70mm lens is quite unexpected big (and well made). A si told you before the A7 uses not the same A99 sensor and the A7r not the same D800E sensor (without AA filter). This is a new version made for these cameras and to avoid issues on corners because of the very short flange distance. I hope the A7r can beat the D800E IQ performance..not bad for a camera that costs $800 less than the D800E ($3000 here at Amazon). The body is weathersealed and has a Pentax LX “tank-solid” feeling.
Important: Announcement live blogging on SonyAlphaRumors Wednesday at 5-6am London time! Spread the news on the web! Be sure to subscribe the RSS feed (Click here) and Twitter (Click here) stream and the Facebook fan page (Click here) in order to not miss any news!
A7 and A7r 5% off deal coming for you! In a couple of hours I will share a secret $25 discount code for the A7 and A7r on Dealsrunner.com (subscribe it). You can use it the day you preorder the camera in a specific (well known) US store.
Four days ago only 37% of you liked the A7 based on the sketch. After the low resolution leak from yesterday 53% liked the design. And now that you have the full size images of the A7-A7r…
A7-A7r Specs reminder: In case you are confused by the many rumors I posted lately here are the SR5 info on the cameras:
- A7 has 24 Megapixel sensor with Phase detecion AF
- A7r has 36 Megapixel with no on sensor Phase detection and no Anti Aliasing filter for maximum sharpness
- A7 body costs $1698 and $1998 with 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS lens. A7r costs $2198 body only.
- Both cameras have a fixed OLED EVF with 2,4 million dot resolution. It’s the same used by the Olympus E-M1
- AF speed is faster than the RX series.
- Takes SD cards and uses the NEX battery
- A7/A7r Body is weather sealed
- 1/8000 shutter speed
- titlable LCD screen
- focus peaking
- Built-in Wifi and NFC
- Playmemories Camera Apps
- The menu interface is the same as the RX series (and not the one used by NEX cameras).
- optional vertical grip
- New LAEA Full Frame A to E-mount adapter
- Current NEX APS-C lenses will work in crop mode or Full Frame mode (with heavy vignetting or dark corners)
New FE lenses:
Zeiss FE 24-70mm f/4.0 OSS
Sony G 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS
Zeiss FE 35mm f/2.8
Zeiss FE 55mm f/1.8
Zeiss FE 70-200mm f/4.0 OSS (coming early 2014)
many more lenses coming the next 12 months (including fast primes).
- 1 inch sensor camera
- fixed 24-200mm f/2.8 constant aperture lens
Message to sources: You can send me more info anonymously by using the contact form you see on the very right of your browser. You can also contact me directly at email@example.com.
Reminder (SR = Sonyrumor):
SR1=probably fake rumor
SR2=rumor from unknown sources
SR3=50% chance it is correct
SR4=rumor from known sources
SR5=almost certainly correct!