On top: Real Sketch of the A99.
Trusted sources confirmed that the price of the A99 body only should be around 2800 Euro/Dollars. There will be slightly variations form country to country but this is the price you should expect! This is about 600 Euro/Dollar cheaper than the Canon 5DmarkIII (price and specs here) and $200 cheaper than the Nikon D800 (price and specs here). Sources told me this is really a unique camera as it is definitely the best hybrid stills and video Full Frame camera they have ever tested. What you should expect is not only a nice camera but a full system with plenty of useful and innovative accessories!
These are the specs we posted a couple of days ago:
- 24.3 Mpx Full frame CMOS Exmor sensor
- SLT technology
- New Bionz imaging engine
- 14 bit RAW recording
- 10 fps
- ISO 100 up to 25.600
- 50 ISO extended (with lower dynamic range)
- 102 AF point AF (11 cross).
- AF range
- MF assist
- Dual Phase detection system (with AF phase pixels on sensor)
- 30 sec and 1/8000 maximum shutter speed
- Time Lag 0.05 sec.
- Shutter life guarantee of 200,000 cycles
- 2.360k OLED electornic viewfinder
- 3″921k LCD with same tilting system of the A77
- Full HD video recording at 1920×1080/60p AVCHD format
- HDMI output
- Built-in stereo mic
- Built-in flash with guide number of 12
- Auto HDR capability
- New multi-segment low pass filter
- Photodiode expansion technology
- Light concentration technology
- Selective noise reduction
- Ultrasonic anti dust system
- In body image stabilization
- Two memory slots: SD and SD+MS cards
- USB: 2.0
- Announced on September 12, 2012
- Available in stores in late October 2012
- New accessories to be released with the a99: battery grip, flash, remote control, microphone etc.
- Very light, weather sealed magnesium alloy body.With 730 g this is the lightest FF body on market!
Important: The announcement of the A99 along the NEX-6, A and E-mount lenses is scheduled for September 12th! Stay tuned on SAR on that day! Subscribe the RSS feed and join the Facebook page to not miss any new rumor!