We have two new 24-70mm GM tests:
Fredmiranda is comparing the zoom with other FE lenses in the range. He writes:
So far, I’m quite impressed. At 24mm, center and mid-field is quite strong wide-open. Yes, extreme corners improve at f/4 and are optimal at f/5.6. The zoom performs better from 24-35mm wide open. At 50mm there is a slight drop in resolution. In my opinion, the 70mm FL looks great. It’s very good at f/4 with a sweet spot at f/5.6. (Perhaps f/6.3). That’s is surprising as I thought it would not perform this strong at 70mm.
RoseAndCharles tested the lens and this is his Pros and Cons list:
- Excellent build quality with gaskets and weather sealing
- Silent, accurate and fast autofocus
- Quite sharp even wide open at F2.8
- Very sharp when stopped down a little
- Smooth background blur with round bokeh balls out to the corners
- Good colors and rendering
- Very expensive at $2200
- Somewhat heavy and large
- Some vignetting at wider apertures (correctable)
- Can have chromatic aberration near edge of frame (correctable)
- Can flare strongly in some situations
Gm lens store links:
85mm f/1.4 GM FE at BHphoto, Amazon, Adorama, BestBuy. Amazon Germany. Calumetphoto.de. WexUK. Jessops.
24-70mm f/2.8 GM FE at BHphoto, Amazon, Adorama, BestBuy. Amazon Germany. Calumetphoto.de. WexUK. Jessops.