Today Sony registered a new camera code in Asia. Nokishita reports that Sony covered all details so we don’t have the usual info about WIFI and other features. But I strongly suspect this will be indeed the new A9 camera (named A9III?) that might be announced in early January at best. Sony will also announce the new 35mm f/1.4 GM along the new camera.
Rumored Sony A9III (name uncertain) specs:
- Sony will launch a new High End camera in Q1 2021. Maybe at the January 11 CES show (which is all digital this year).
- It will be named as an A9x series camera and not A7x (not sure if it’s “A9s” or “A9III”)
- It has a new ~50 megapixel sensor
- 8k30p video confirmed with no overheating. It’s still an “infant” 8k mode…meaning it’s not 8k60 which would be crazy and there will be limitations in the quality you can record internally.
- Other specs similar to A7sIII (EVF, autofocus, and so forth)
- At least $1,500 more expensive than the EOS-R5 (but price hasn’t be finalized yet) Expect something like $4,999.