UPDATED speculative Sony release roadmap
Two reliable sources told us Sony will definitely announce a “Fast Wide Angle Prime Lens” on February 25. Please note that they didn’t share their time zone so I don’t know if it’s Feb 26 in some other countries.
I have no info yet if this is a 21mm f/1.4 lens or some other focal length. Let me know what you hope this will be:
So now let’s sum up what we can expect to be announced as next:
- New Sony fixed lens RX or action camera (80% reliable)
- New Sony wide angle fast prime lens (90% reliable)
- New Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 FE (I am sure it’s coming….timing still unclear…70% reliable)
- Two new Cine FE lenses at the NAB show (80% reliable)
- Maybe some other FE telephoto lens too like the rumored 300mm f/2.8 FE (60% reliable)
- Maybe the new A7IV but this also depends from the Coronavirus outbreak. Sony already said it’s affecting their sensor production (50% reliable)
- New telephoto FE lenses (80% reliable). Maybe 300mm f/2.8 if it wasn’t announced in March-April already and another consumer telephoto lens.
- New Tamron FE lens (70% reliable)
- New RX camera(s) (70% reliable)
- New 12-24mm f/2.8 GM lens (90% reliable)
- Ahead of the IBC show we shall get the A7sIII or whatever the final name will be (70% reliable)
For potential SOURCES:
If you know “something” and want to share it anonymously please use the anonymous contact form on the top right of the sidebar. Please use a nickname so that I can recognize you in future messages. You can also contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Use remailer.paranoici.org to send me an anonymous message if you prefer to do so.