Some more A7sIII rumored specs and info
A7sIII now listed at BHphoto and in Germany at Fotokoch
I got info from five more people who sent me rumors for the first time. So I am not sure all is 100% correct so take the following info with a bit more caution than usual. I posted this info today and on July 28 we will see whom of them was right :)
- AF system is the almost the same as a7r4
- The video record button is now on the top of the camera, places behind the shutter button.
- 4K RAW output yes, but not sure if it supports 4K 120fps RAW output. Did not try but it says it’s 16bit RAW output.
- I did not have a chance to test out the RAW output because the firmware is not available, apparently Atomos is working on it to support a7sIII’s hdmi signal.
- dynamic range is 15 tested by Sony, so i guess it’s ard 13-14 in real life.
- Dials: Looking from the back panel of the camera, video dial for video mode selection left to EVF, photo dial for photo mode selection right to EVF. Exposure dial unchanged.
- Screen: Touch function available when navigating the menu.
- Ports: Removable port door. Two usb-c, one micro hdmi, no flash sync port.
- Here is something unfortunate, there will be a crop on the 4K. A small one, similar to a7s2.
- Also, ONLY Up to 4k60 will be 10bit 4:2:2 internal.
They are claiming to not have overheating issues for at least 1hr even at the highest framerate.
- I can confirm 4k60 10 bit unlimited recording time.
- I can confirm at least 180fps 1080p with full AF and sound.
- Downsampled 1080p from 4K, making this the best 1080p hybrid ever made! No line skipping or pixel binning.
- No internal RAW.
- New codec similar to FX9.
- No 6K.
My guess is that most of the info is actually correct.
It’s finally time to join our Sony A7sIII facebook group!
On July 28 10:00 be sure to be online here on SonyAlphaRumors to follow the video livestream event. To not miss any future rumors and leaks follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Disqus.