Sony has officially announced three things:
– A new Sony A6400 (press release here). It has Animal Eye-AF, Intervalometer and cost $900 only.
– A new massive A9 firmware update with Animal EYE-AF (press release here).
– New Imaging Edge Features for both Desktop and APP.
Sony A6400 Key specs:
- World’s Fastest (i) 0.02 seconds (ii) AF acquisition speed plus 425 phase-detection and contrast-detection AF points covering approximately 84% of image area
- Advanced Real-time Eye AF
- New Real-time Tracking for object tracking
- 24.2MP(iii) APS-C Exmor™ CMOS image sensor and latest-generation BIONZ X™ image processor
- 180-degree fully tiltable LCD touch screen for self-recording
- High-speed continuous shooting at up to 11 fps(iv) mechanical shutter / 8 fps(iv) silent shooting with continuous AF/AE tracking
- High-resolution 4K(vi) movie recording with full pixel readout and no pixel binning, plus advanced AF speed and stability
- Interval recording for time-lapse videos
Effects on the Sony A6500 and A7000
– This is not the Sony A6500 successor. This is more of an entry level succesor for the A5xxx and lower end A6xxx series
– The A6400 price of just $900 makes it clear there is room for a new higher end model which I believe will be named A7000.
Vloggers test Videos:
Like I told you in my rumors the A6400 main target are Vloggers. And they already published their first test videos.
And here are the other A6400 videos:
New Imaging Edge features
Sony A6400 product images: