SonyAlphaUniverse just launched this teaser image! It confirms the validity of our rumor and indeed the camera will be announced on July 28. This gives me hope my rumored specs aren’t far off neither :)
To recap these are the rumored specs we got from early testers. Please keep in mind they had short time with a prototype version. This means some features may not be final or not entirely correct because of this:
- New 12MP sensor with fast readout (unclear if is it the Quad Bayer 48MP sensor with effective 12MP or a “simple” 12MP)
- records FHD 240fps, 4k120fps 10bit 4:2:2 and 4K120fps raw over HDMI
- 600mbps bitrate
- Base ISO 160 for S-LOG3
- no Dual ISO
- Max ISO 409600 (video)
- 16bit RAW output
- Sony claims 15 stops dynamic range
- world’s highest resolution new 9.44 million dot EVF (QXGA resolution)
- new kind of passive (noise free) cooling system with a mesh on the side to let air in??? (Camera still weather sealed)
- no overheating, no recording time limits
- UHSII card support
- Looks pretty similar to a Sony A7rIV.
- fully articulating screen like the one used by the Sony ZV-1.
- announcement late July
- shipment start mid August
It’s finally time to join our Sony A7sIII facebook group!