I now have been told the A77 can go from 100 to 16.000 ISO and has the ability to shot even at 50 ISO if you need it. As you know the new sensor will feature a 24,3 Megapixel sensor. If you wonder about the A77 and A65 differences than I can tell you that:
1) A77 has 19 point AF system with 11 cross sensors while the A65 has only 3 cross sensors.
2) A77 can do 12 fps while the A65 can do 10fps.
3) A77 has new 3 way tilting LCD, A65 has “classic” tilting LCD
4) A77 can do 50 ISO while A65 can not.
5) The A77 has a magnesium body while the A65 has not.
6) The A77 has 1/8000 shutter while A65 has a 1/4000 shutter
7) The A77 has a top LCD screen while the A65 has it not.
8 ) The A77 is Dust and Moisture proof while the A65 is not
There are also other small differences but those are the most important ones. As you already know the A77 and A65 (and the NEX-7) do share the same 24 Megapixel sensor, same 3 million dot OLED viewfinder. Price is:
- Sony Alpha 77 + 16-50mm f/2.8 SSM = 1800€
- Sony Alpha 77 body only = 1050€
- Sony Alpha 65 + 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 SAM = 1000€
- Sony Alpha 65 body only = 900€
And that’s the competition price:
Check Canon 7D price at [shopcountry 6954].
Check Nikon D7000 price at price at [shopcountry 6952].
Support this site: I am having a lot of fun to work on SAR. I don’t use dozens of banners and I don’t get paid by any company to do what I do. All the work you see here is made by me during my free time. If you want to help me to cover the monthly server costs there is an easy way: Click on affiliate links you see on that website like [shopcountry 3028] to buy whatever product you want (it doesn’t have to be a camera) and I will earn a small commission from it. You don’t pay any penny more on the items you buy and at the same time you support SonyAlphaRumors without me having to put 100 banners on my website. Cool or not? Thanks :)
Reminder (SR = Sonyrumor):
SR1=probably fake rumor
SR2=rumor from unknown sources
SR3=50% chance it is correct
SR4=rumor from known sources (60-80% the rumor is correct)
SR5=almost certainly correct!