Sony will have a product announcement today at 10am New York time. That’s 15:00 in London or 16:00 in Berlin. There may be a live streaming I can embed here on SAR. So please stay tuned to not miss anything! To not miss any rumor quickly subscribe our social network:
RSS feed: https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/feed/
What is likely to be announced (some of this stuff might be announced today, some may be announced later this year or be early 2018)
– A “surprising” camera. We have no details on this but it could be some sort of fixed lens RX camera.
– A7III (24Mpx (A9 sensor), 6fps with mechanical shutter, ISO up to 51200 (expanded to ISO 204800), 693 phase detection AF (which is same as a9!!), minimum focus sensitivity is EV-3, 4k 30p recording, joystick and touchscreen, A9 body and A9 battery).
– 135mm f/1.8 FE
– 400mm FE (f/2.8 or f/4.0)
– 20mm f/2.8 FE
– 16mm f/1.4 APS-C
Less likely to be announced (but still a chance)
– Sony A7rIII (A9 body, 50+ MP sensor)
– Sony A7sIII (4k 60fps)
– A77III A-mount (Same A77m2 AF-phase detection module combined with a new Hybrid-AF (on sensor AF of the A6500). It uses the 24MP A6500 sensor and has 4K recording)
– Sony medium format camera
– RX5 (APS-C RX)
Damn I would love to get the 135mm GM today…
We have our own Facebook camera groups and pages you can join to discuss the upcoming new cameras in detail:
Sony A9 group and Sony A9 page.
Sony A7rIII group and Sony A7rIII page
Sony A7sIII group and Sony A7sIII page
Sony A7III group and Sony A7III page