A few days ago a dutch A77 rumor created a lot of buzz announcing the A77 would be announced in April. As our trusted sources pointed out quickly that rumor is NOT TRUE! De facto the rumor was a mix of already published SonyAlphaRumors and a few added WRONG specs. As you know the “A77 packshots are ready and currently being reviewed by management.“. If no problems will occur during that process the A77 will be on market in Q3 (July-September).
All sources point me out that this will be an amazing camera. Much better than anything out there (in the APS-C world). We should expect a real huge improvement over the Sony A55. They know that people is frustrated because of the long wait. But they have not a single doubt that it will be worth the wait!
I repost our correct specs (collected form trusted SonyAlphaRumors sources):
- 24 megapixel sensor
- New advanced OLED(?) EVF
- UNCONFIRMED -> There were rumors (and also a Sony patent) about some kind of hybrid viewfinder ( a là Fuji X100 (Click here to see that camera on Amazon)?).
- ISO will go ‘up into the hundreds of thousands’
- price will be in the same area of the Canon 60D ($900-1200. Click here to check price)
- The A77 has a bigger and robust body compared to current SLT cameras.
- The A77 will not have a flip-up mode to allow shooting without this extra sheet of glass in place.
- It will take CF+SD+MS cards, of which you can use two at the same time.
- With the new battery you can take around 1.000 pictures.
P.S.: Paul Genge of Sony UK said that “this camera will include such high specification features that current A700 owners will be amazed”
P.P.S.: We have a new facebook page! Join us at http://www.facebook.com/sonyalpharumors!
Reminder (SR = Sonyrumor):
SR1=probably fake rumor
SR2=rumor from unkown sources
SR3=50% chance it is correct
SR4=rumor from known sources
SR5=almost certainly correct!