- Focal Length: 35mm
- Aperture Blade: 9
- Aperture: f1.8 – f16
- Elements: 9 elements in 7 groups
- Coatings: Multicoated
- Weather-Sealed: No
- Minimum Focus Distance: 0.4m
- Filter Threads: 52mm
- Weight: 15oz
Portrait with Sony Alpha 7III 85mm 1,4 1/13sec, iso 320
1) You can submit one single picture per week only.
2) To submit your picture for the weekly readers roundup post you can choose one of the following three options:
– Instagram: Follow @sonyalphagallery and tag us on your picture to give us the permission to repost your image on the instagram gallery and on SAR (we will credit you)
– Facebook: Submit your picture on our group: facebook.com/groups/sonyalphacamera. Please add the hashtag “#sonyalphagallery ” to grant the permission for reposting on SAR. Without the hashtag we will not add your picture!
– Forum: Submit your picture on the SonyAlphaForum image section and add the hashtag “#sonyalphagallery ”
3) Like and comment the pictures from other readers here: instagram.com/sonyalphagallery, facebook.com/groups/sonyalphacamera and on SonyAlphaForum.
4) A selection of most liked pictures by the community and by me SAR admin will be posted weekly on SAR.
Note: When sending a pic feel free to also add a link to your site to promote yourself! And please do share one single picture per week only. Do not spam :)
This is definitely the best Samyang FE lens made so far and now it’s a real steal too: You get it with an unexpected $125 discount at Amazon US (only 6 left in Stock).
CameraLabs reviewed the brand new
In my tests so far (and I hope to do more) the optical quality is outstanding in terms of detail across the frame at all focal lengths and aperture values, and while there are also solid options on rival systems, the Sony managed to out-perform them at least to some degree. Impressively it’s also smaller and lighter than most 16-55mm f2.8 lenses without compromising on build quality, and this is important when mounting it on one of Sony’s equally compact A6000 bodies – I’m relieved it didn’t feel unbalanced in use. But it’s also the most expensive 16-55mm f2.8 lens to date, a little pricier than the Fujifilm version, and much more so than the Canon and Nikon 17-55mm f2.8 DSLR models, although these are considerably older designs.
So the Sony E 16-55mm f2.8 is priced high, doesn’t have optical stabilization and again I wish it focused closer, but there’s no arguing with its quality and portability. Certainly the price will have you contemplating if now is the time to switch to full-frame, but if you’re sticking with a Sony APSC body and are looking for the best quality general-purpose zoom to go with it, the E 16-55mm f2.8 is the one for you and comes Highly Recommended.
Sony A6600 at Amazon, BHphoto, Adorama, FocusCamera. In EU at Calumet DE, Park UK, WexUK.
Sony A6100 at Amazon, BHphoto, Adorama, FocusCamera. In EU at Calumet DE, Park UK, WexUK.
E 16-55mm F2.8 G at Amazon, BHphoto, Adorama, FocusCamera. In EU at Calumet DE, Park UK, WexUK.
E 70-350mm F4.5-6.3 G OSS at Amazon, BHphoto, Adorama , FocusCamera. In EU at Calumet DE, Park UK, WexUK.
- AI Powered Portrait Tool
- Skin Enhancement Tool
You can see these features in action at the Luminar 4 page here. But there is this one short video you have to watch to see how impressive it is:
Deep Fake is coming closer to the masses :)