This is how it works:
I got this from Personal View. Still I got the “feeling” the rumor is likely to b e correct. He told me this about the new Sigma 35mm f/1.2 FE:
– July-August announcement
– Premium construction
– Lot of HR elements in construction, record low aberrations
– Record MTF of any FF lens at F1.2
– Ultra fast and silent AF, made also for video
This is the 99% reliable info we have so far about the new lens:
- Sigma will launch a new 35mm f/1.2 FE lens soon (could be in July)
- This will be Sigma’s first lens designed specifically for Full Frame mirrorless
- Thanks to the f/1.2 aperture this will be the fastest autofocus lens in the FE lens lineup.
Links to current Sigma FE lenses:
Sigma 14mm f/1.8 at BHphoto, FocusCamera, Amazon and Adorama.
Sigma 20mm f/1.4 at BHphoto, FocusCamera, Amazon and Adorama.
Sigma 24mm f/1.4 at BHphoto, FocusCamera, Amazon and Adorama.
Sigma 35mm f/1.4 at BHphoto, FocusCamera, Amazon and Adorama.
Sigma 50mm f/1.4 at BHphoto, FocusCamera, Amazon and Adorama.
Sigma 70mm macro at BHphoto, FocusCamera, Amazon and Adorama.
Sigma 85mm f/1.4 at BHphoto, FocusCamera, Amazon and Adorama.
Sigma 105mm f/1.4 at BHphoto, FocusCamera, Amazon and Adorama.
Sigma 135mm f/1.8 at BHphoto, FocusCamera, Amazon and Adorama.
To not miss any rumor quickly subscribe our social network:
RSS feed: https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/feed/
If you have some “rumor” to share just send me an anonymous messages here:
at email@example.com or use the contact form you see on the right top of this site.
Reminder (SR = Sonyrumor):
SR1=probably fake rumor
SR2=rumor from unknown sources
SR3=50% chance it is correct
SR4=rumor from known sources
SR5=almost certainly correct!
Vancouver, Canada, June 24, 2019 – Two years ago, Metabones® added support for Sony A9 with a maximum continuous autofocus (AF-C) frame rate of 10 fps by firmware to its EF-E Speed Booster® and EF-E Smart Adapter™ lines of fully-electronic adapters. Today, the same feat is extended to A7 Mark III.
How to upgrade:
- EF-E Speed Booster ULTRA I/II, EF-E CINE Speed Booster ULTRA, EF-E Smart Adapter IV/V and EF-E CINE Smart Adapter are equipped with USB ports and they can be upgraded to firmware v62 by downloading the latest Metabones App. Choose the “Advanced Mode” checkbox before clicking the “Update” button. To encourage new firmware adoption, the user is assured that the upgrade is reversible to any previous version released in the last 2 years.
- New customers may set the adapter to “Advanced Mode” with Metabones App or by following the procedure in the online user manual.
- Even the original EF-E Smart Adapter I/II from 2012 and the original EF-E Speed Booster from 2013 can be updated to v62 and benefit from 10 fps AF-C with A9 and A7 Mark III, but without any USB ports, factory service is required to upgrade the firmware of these discontinued products, and they work only in APS-C mode. EF-E Smart Adapter III (2013) can also be factory-serviced to v62 and is the earliest adapter with full-frame camera support. Please contact Metabones customer service for details.
To achieve the highest possible AF-C frame rate on A7 Mark III, the adapter is set to “Advanced Mode”. On the camera we recommend setting “Priority Set in AF-C” to “AF” for the best accuracy and the highest hit rate, even though that will decrease the frame rate. 10 fps is the theoretical maximum and just how close we get to that is highly dependent upon the AF speed of the lens used and the speed of subject movement.
The fastest frame rate is achieved when the subject is at or near the center where phase-detection autofocus (PDAF) is used. Unfortunately only the central PDAF points are effective, because using all of the PDAF points of the camera would have required metadata about the optical formula of the specific lens used, which we do not have. All the PDAF points can be used by setting the Speed Booster or Smart Adapter to “Green Mode”, although the periphery points will still not be as effective as the central ones.
Some older lenses may have reduced accuracy and/or speed in “Advanced Mode”, but they can still be used in “Green Mode” on A7 Mark III at a lower frame rate (3 fps). “Green Mode” is also faster at single autofocus (AF-S).
With Speed Boosters and Smart Adapters breaking down compatibility barriers, Metabones believes that the products themselves need to be continuously updated with new firmware to cope with new technologies, new cameras and new lenses. Patrons see value in Metabones products in the long term for compatibility with the broadest range of cameras and lenses and for the firmware updates. Leverage the 10 fps continuous autofocus feature of the best-selling full-frame mirrorless camera today using 32 years’ worth of EF Mount lenses.
Download and support page: https://www.metabones.com/article/of/contact-us
Multiple sources confirmed that tomorrow (June 26) we shall get more info about the Tamron 17-28mm FE pricing and shipment start. What I can confirm with 100% certainity is this:
1) At least in Europe the new 17-28mm FE lens will cost more than the 28-75mm FE
2) The lens will start shipping out in early July (Europe) late July (HongKong) and/or early August (Taiwan)
3) The price in Taiwan is 29,500 TWD (Approx 955USD)