I got a small amount of info about the new Sony A9 camera from a reliable source:
- The final price has still not been set by Sony. But they are considering a price close to $4,999
- The camera could be announced in January 11 at the CES show (which is all virtual this year). But this second wave COVID-19 outbreak may mess with the timeline.
Rumored Sony A9III specs:
- Sony will launch a new High End camera in Q1 2021. Maybe at the January 11 CES show (which is all virtual this year).
- It will be named as an A9x series camera and not A7x (not sure if it’s “A9s” or “A9III”)
- It will have a new ~50 megapixel sensor
- 8k30p video confirmed with no overheating. It’s still an “infant” 8k mode…meaning it’s not 8k60 which would be crazy and there will be limitations in the quality you can record internally.
- Other specs similar to A7sIII (EVF, autofocus, and so forth)
- At least $1,500 more expensive than the EOS-R5 (but price hasn’t be finalized yet) Expect something like $4,999.