A source who saw and tested the camera asked Sony about the price of the A7sIII. They didn’t give him the exact pricing but let him understand it will be something around the $3,500 range.
Rumored Sony A7sIII specs:
- New 12MP sensor with fast readout
- records FHD 240fps, 4k120fps 10bit 4:2:2 and 4K120fps raw over HDMI
- 600mbps bitrate
- Base ISO 160 for S-LOG3
- no Dual ISO
- Max ISO 409600 (video)
- 16bit RAW output
- Sony claims 15 stops dynamic range
- world’s highest resolution new 9.44 million dot EVF (QXGA resolution)
- new kind of passive (noise free) cooling system
- no overheating, no recording time limits
- UHSII card and CFexpress Type A card support (each of the two slots takes them both!)
- Looks pretty similar to a Sony A7rIV.
- fully articulating screen like the one used by the Sony ZV-1.
- announcement late July
- shipment start mid August
- price around $3500
It’s finally time to join our Sony A7sIII facebook group!