I really don’t know if that Nikon camera roadmap prediction is correct (via MirrorlessRumors). But let’s assume for a moment this is the real deal and Nikon will announce:
- November 2022: Z7III with 45MP and 8K
- November 2022: Z6III with 24MP and 6K
- January 2023: Z5II with 24MP and 4K
- March 2023: Z90 with 24MP
- June 2023: ZF with 24MP
- August 2023: Z8 with 61MP and 8K
- October 2023: Z50II with 21MP
What do you think about that? My short thoughts:
- Z7III with 8k sounds great, and certainly would pressure Sony in offering an affordable 8K Alpha camera.
- Knowing that Sony is announcing the A7rV now I would find it strange that Nikon will answer with the Z8 in August 2023 only.