Michael Reichmann from Luminous Landscape (Click here) posted his Sony A7s first impression review. Here are just some of his key considerations:
– I have to say that the Sony A7s produces some of the cleanest, most pleasant images I’ve seen this side of a medium format system.
– On the basis of these tests I would judge the A7s to have almost a three stop advantage over the A7r between ISO 6,400 (which is as high as I would use on the A7r) and ISO 51,200 where the A7s reaches its useful limit (for my type of shooting).
– My biggest beef, already mentioned, is that Sony forgot to allow Silent Mode / Electronic Shutter to be available as a custom function.
– Otherwise, the A7s has all of the goodness as well as minor flaws of its predecessors.
– My parting thought is that the A7s is neither the holy grail of cameras, nor a whimsical outlier. It’s going to take a special photographer with keen image perception to appreciate what the A7s has to offer. Thanks Sony, for catering to more than the lowest common denominator.
Sony A7s preorder in USA/CA at Amazon, Adorama, BHphoto, Sony USA, Sony Canada.
Sony A7s EU pages: Sony DE, UK, ES, FR, IT, NL, BE, AT, CH, SE, NO, FI, PL. And Wex UK.
RX100M3 preorders in USA at Amazon, Adorama, BHphoto, Sony USA.
RX100M3 preorders in Eu at Sony DE, UK, ES, FR, IT, NL, BE, AT, CH, SE, NO, FI, PT. And Wex UK,
RX100M3 in Asia at Amazon Japan and Sony Australia.
Sony A77 body in USA at Amazon (Click here), Adorama (Click here), Sony Store (Click here) and BHphoto (Click here).
Sony A77 with 16-50mm lens at Amazon (Click here), Adorama (Click here), Sony Store (Click here) and BHphoto (Click here).
Sony A77 body in Europe at Sony Germany, Sony UK, Sony France, Sony IT, ES, NL, BE, AT, CH, PT, NO, SE, FI and Wex UK.
Sony A77 in Asia at Digitalrev and Sony Australia.