I saw that quite a few readers didn’t understand how rumors do work on SAR. A few also started to discredit us. That’s why I wanted to explain once again how this websites works and how YOU SHOULD READ rumors. Please read it very carefully ok?
1) Rumor classification! Rumors rated with SR1 are almost certainly fake. SR2=from new sources (very low chance this could be true). SR3=rumors from new sources or external websites that do have a 50% chance to be true. The difference between SR2 and SR3 is that in SR3 case I did receive the same rumor from a higher number of new or external sources. SR4= rumor from a trusted source. SR5=rumor confirmed by many trusted sources.
2) One of SAR goals is to collect rumors from external websites too! In that case we don’t have a chance to verify their sources. But by keeping track of the rumors from those websites we can learn if they are reliable or not. Example: A month ago a well known forum administrator said that the A77 would be announced in April. We re-posted the rumor reminding all of you that we can’t confirm that rumor and that you should take it with a grain of salt. The day after trusted sources contacted us to say that the rumor was untrue and we posted the new message on SAR. Two days ago I reminded you that there will be no A77 and some commented that I was WRONG again because I said that it would come in April. As you see quite a few people didn’t understand what are the rumors from our sources and what are the rumors from external sources. So please. Don’t make SAR accountable for wrong rumors from external websites or low rated rumors from new sources!
3) SR1-SR2-SR3 rumors are form external or new sources!
I often do receive rumors from new sources. I usually do post that rumors only if a) other new sources told me similar things b) if I need to verify it with trusted sources.
The only way for me to verify if rumors from new sources are correct is to post them on SAR (with low value only!). That’s the only way our anonymous trusted sources can read it and confirm or deny the rumor. I do not have the mail adress from trusted sources and they usually contact me using the contact form on the right sidebar. So the only way for me to check if rumors are true or untrue is to post them! Example: I received two messages from two new sources that do say they are testing the A77. I did post that rumor two days ago on SAR with low SR2 value. Some commenter said that this was certainly fake, that I am cheating them and so on. Good for you that trusted sources did contact me to confirm that YES there are people testing those cameras. And I also did receive some more info about the A77 I will post soon on SAR. So SR2-SR3 rumors can be useful for me and you to get more news and to get closer to the real specs of a camera or lens!
The message should be clear now. SR4 and SR5 rumors are the ones you have to take into account to see if SonyAlphaRumors is a reliable rumor website or not. Of course also SR4 and SR5 rumors could be wrong, because also trusted sources can receive partial incorrect info and also because Sony itself often changes roadmap and specs. Please remind people that low rated rumors are here to help me to understand what new/external sources is reliable or not. Help me to remind them that they should look at SR4 and SR5 rumors only if they want to get a more realistic view about Sony strategy.
5) Future rumors regarding the A77. We were the first to tell you with SR5 value that the camera would be announced in mid 2011, and that it will have a 24 Megapixel sensor. Keep that in mind when the A77 will be finally here. We were also the first to tell you that the new NEX camera will be announced next month (in April). Those are the REAL good rumors!
6) The reason why you are here on SonyAlphaRumors is that we did post incredible good rumors in the past when no one else ever suspected that Sony would make Translucent cameras or that the new mirrorless cameras would be named “NEX”. Here is a list to some of our biggest rumors (very small selection):
On December 2009 almost a year before the A33/A55 camera release we were the first to publish the”translucent” rumor! (Click here to read that article)
On february 10 2010 we were the first to unveil the NEX specs and name! (Click here to read that article).
We were the first to post pictures of the NEX cameras two weeks before their announcement (Click here ot read that article).
We were the first to tell you that the A55 and A33 would be announced before Photokina (Click here to read that)
At the end: I am not a professional blogger, I even don’t speak English (My native languages are german and italian) and I work on SAR early int he morning before I go to work and late at night when I am back at home. I do this because I enjoy it and because I met a lot of interesting people through this website. I don’t get paid by big companies, I cover all costs with your help (when you buy stuff through the shop links). This is not a professional website and never will become it. But this will allow me to remain a “free writer” that writes on a bit chaotic platform meant for all real Sony fans
If there is anything else you need to know from me feel free to comment this post. I will answer you. Thanks!