The 35mm f/2.8 Zeiss (SR5), the FF E-mount from the VG900 and the Zeiss 85mm f/1.8 (unconfirmed yet)
Special Thanks: Thanks to the three trusted sources for sharing this precious info!
Dear SAR readers, first of all subscribe our RSS feed (Click here) and Twitter (Click here) stream and the Facebook fan page (Click here). Because what’s going to happen soon on SAR you won’t miss! The QX “Lens-Camera” time on SAR is over. And starting from today the NEX-FF rumor time starts! What you will read know are rumors from my top trusted and very long time sources. I didn’t include yet any rumor from new sources. Let’s first talk about things I am 99% sure of they will become true! Here is a list of what we can expect:
1) SR5: Three E-Mount FF cameras are planed to be launched within the next five months! And let’s hope Sony doesn’t change this plan
2) SR5: Two are NEX-FF cameras and one is a DSLR shaped (ILCE) E-mount Full Frame camera.
3) SR5: The first camera(s) will be announced soon and be in Stock before Christmas (Sources didnt’ tell me if it’s one camera only or two that will be announced now).
4) SR5: There is a cheaper and a more expensive NEX-FF to come (Sources didn’t tell if both will come at the same time or not).
5) SR5: There will be (a minimum) of two primes lenses (Zeiss 35mm f/2.8 and Zeiss 55mm f/1.8) and two High Quality zooms along the first camera announcement. These lenses are FE (“F”ull frame “E”-mount) lenses. (Editor’s note: One source told me about a portrait lens too but I have to triple check this. Could be the leaked 85mm f/1.8).
These sources didn’t share specs and images yet. They told me that only very few have seen the camera and know the specs (that’s why they don’t want to share them). But these very trusted sources saw the cameras!
What else do I know? I have some specs I received from new sources. If you want soon I can post them with low SR2-SR3 rumor ranking. But please keep in mind that as usual we cannot be sure these specs are correct…ok?
What about A-mount, APS-C E-mount and RX?
These rumors will be posted soon on SAR.
In short, this is going to be the most exciting time ever on SAR. Sony usually came with 1 FF camera release every three years. Now we will get three E-mount FF in 5 months, and A-mount FF too….ok, I anticipated a rumor here 😉
Message to sources: You can send me more info anonymously by using the contact form you see on the very right of your browser. You can also contact me directly at email@example.com.
Reminder (SR = Sonyrumor):
SR1=probably fake rumor
SR2=rumor from unknown sources
SR3=50% chance it is correct
SR4=rumor from known sources
SR5=almost certainly correct!