First leaked images of the new Sony A7sIII
This is the first leaked image of the new Sony A7sIII I got from J. (Thanks!). You can clearly see the red recording button, the LCD screen is fully articulating. Otherwise it’s pretty much close to the Sony A7rIV body.
Rumored Sony A7sIII specs:
- New 12MP sensor with fast readout and S-Cinetone colorscience
- records FHD 240fps, 4k120fps 10bit 4:2:2 and 4K120fps raw over HDMI
- ONLY Up to 4k60 will be 10bit 4:2:2 internal.
- Downsampled 1080p from 4K, making this the best 1080p hybrid ever made! No line skipping or pixel binning.
- No internal RAW.
- 600mbps bitrate
- Base ISO 160 for S-LOG3
- no Dual ISO
- Max ISO 409600 (video)
- 16bit RAW output
- Sony claims 15 stops dynamic range
- Movie Edit add-on compatibility for Image Stabilization in post
- world’s highest resolution new 9.44 million dot EVF (QXGA resolution)
- same Sony A7rIV AF system
- new kind of passive (noise free) cooling system
- no overheating, no recording time limits (They are claiming to not have overheating issues for at least 1hr even at the highest framerate.)
- UHSII card and CFexpress Type A card support (each of th two slots takes them both!)
- Looks pretty similar to a Sony A7rIV.
- fully articulating screen like the one used by the Sony ZV-1.
- The video record button is now on the top of the camera, placed behind the shutter button.
- Screen: Touch function available when navigating the menu.
- Ports: Removable port door. Two usb-c, one micro hdmi, no flash sync port.
- price around 4.000 Euro (A7sIII now listed at BHphoto and in Germany at Fotokoch)
- announcement late July
- shipment start mid August
It’s finally time to join our Sony A7sIII facebook group!
On July 28 10:00 be sure to be online here on SonyAlphaRumors to follow the video livestream event. To not miss any future rumors and leaks follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Disqus.