Full poll results can be seen here.
This is the message sent by the SAR readers community to Sony. Almost 10.000 unique(!) voters selected the 3 most important FE lenses Sony should make as next. The full poll results can be seen here. So let’s shortly discuss the top lenses:
1) 24-105mm f/4.0
This was the most requested lens by our community. It got 2,074 Votes which means 21% of all voters did choose that lens. In Short SAR readers feel like a proper FE travel zoom is missing yet.
2) 135mm f/1.8 (20%, 1,974 Votes)
The A-mount version (here on [shopcountry 54734]) of that lens is simply amazing. And it doesn’t come as a surprise that SAR readers would like to get an E-mount version of it!
3) 12-24mm f/2.8 (14%, 1,403 Votes)
This is a bit an unexpected result. That wide-angle zoom lens got 70 votes more than the 16-35mm f/2.8 GM!
A few more interesting notes:
- On fifth position we got the FE 35mm f/2.0 (12%, 1,199 Votes). This is somehow unexpected as we already got a [shoplink 54735]Zeiss 35mm f/2.8 lens[/shoplink]. It looks like SAR readers would like to get a faster option which isn’t as expensive as the [shoplink 54736]Zeiss 35mm f/1.4[/shoplink].
- 85mm f/1.2 (9%, 860 Votes). This is also a small surprise. Zeiss made a [shoplink 54737]85mm f/1.8 Batis[/shoplink] and [shoplink 54738]Sony the 85mm f/1.4 GM[/shoplink]. Is there really a need for a tiny bit faster 85mm lens? Seems like SAR readers absolutely want it!
- There is also a need for a telephoto zoom in the 100-400mm lens range. We got three lenses that scored good results: 150-600mm f/5.6 (9%, 847 Votes), 100-400mm f/4.0-5.6 (8%, 768 Votes) and 70-400mm f/4.0-5.6 (8%, 743 Votes)
- Of course we also need more options in the 50mm prime range :) We want the 50mm f/0.95!!!! :)