Yesterday Nokishita spotted two new Sony camera registrations at the FCC. Today a trusted source told me that those cameras are likely the new A9 model coming in very early 2021 and a nw RX compact. The A7IV announcement will follow after those cameras have been released.
Rumored Sony A9III specs:
- Sony will launch a new High End camera in Q1 2021. Maybe at the January 11 CES show (which is all digital this year).
- It will be named as an A9x series camera and not A7x (not sure if it’s “A9s” or “A9III”)
- It has a new ~50 megapixel sensor
- 8k30p video confirmed with no overheating. It’s still an “infant” 8k mode…meaning it’s not 8k60 which would be crazy and there will be limitations in the quality you can record internally.
- Other specs similar to A7sIII (EVF, autofocus, and so forth)
- At least $1,500 more expensive than the EOS-R5 (but price hasn’t be finalized yet) Expect something like $4,999.