Since yesterday the A7II is available for preorder in USA and in few Eu stores (strangely still no preorder options at Sony EU). ItsDanK is one of the very few lucky guys that got his hands on the A7II and he writes:
Things to note:
- The dials are quite nice and rubberized now
- The entire body is quite a bit thicker, noticeably.
- Weight is also increased.
- There’s a manual function for the steadyshot to adjust for third party lenses all the way up to 1000mm.
- I’m so use to the shutter button being on top that it’s almost weird to use the grip shutter.
- New mag alloy rubberized spec finish for the body, quite grippy.
- Steadyshot is pretty awesome and more noticeable with longer focal lengths (obviously).
- a6000 like AF box dots whilst focusing. This uses hybrid AF with contrast and phase detect (on sensor) working together at the same time.
All good news so far!
UDPATE: A Korean readers sent me info on Korean A7II tests:
Sony Korea announced that Sony A7II will be launched at 12/2 Tue.
That means its a first launch in the world and so many sony mirrorless cameras sold in korea.
BTW, here a short review of Sony A7II. That explains
– a7ii is more heavier than a7 but the hand grip is better than a7.
– (just felling)viewfinder is better than a7’s one. he felling that framerate is increased.
– AF is more more faster than a7 but not good at low light scene (compare with A7s).
– AF Tracking is better like A6000 in the phase detection area.
– 5-axis stabilization is nice. check that article. (he succeed with 55F18 lens and 1/8)
– boot time is much faster than A7, feels like 2x.
– does not show the flare (halation) — check: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1247655/144 (http://www.vahonen.com/2013/A7temp/20131226chruchFlareCrop.jpg)
he feels that new A7II is like A8 not A7II. :p
and the here is some shots taken with A7ii : http://www.slrclub.com/bbs/vx2.php?id=minolta_forum&divpage=168&no=896978&category=3
Sony Alpha a7II (Body Only) for $1,698 at Amazon (Click here), BHphoto (Click here), Adorama (Click here), SonyStore (Click here).
Sony Alpha a7II with FE 28-70mm OSS Lens for $1,998 at Amazon (Click here), BHphoto (Click here), Adorama (Click here), SonyStore (Click here).
Sony 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G SSM II Lens for $1,148 at BHphoto (Click here).
Sony Alpha a7II (Body Only) for 1.799 Euro at Amazon Germany (Click here) and 1299 pounds at Wex UK (Click here).
Sony Alpha a7II with FE 28-70mm OSS Lens for 2.099 Euro at Amazon Germany (Click here) and 1699 pounds at Wex UK (Click here). In Finland at Verkkokauppa.