Sigma CEO Kazuto Yamaki released an interview to the Taiwanese site Mobile01. And he also talks about Sony:
- “To us, it is very clear that Sony will be the major player in the photo industry. Because they have sensor technology. In order to differentiate the products. the sensor and lens are the most important. Other things can be shared by other companies. I think in the photo industry who has a good technology of making good sensor and lens could survive. That is why we acquired the Foveon company and try to retain the technology to us. “
- He also recognizes that there is a big request from many countries to make Sigma FE lenses. And when asked if he will do it he simply answered “Everything is possible“.
As a side note it’s also interesting to read what Sigma lenses are generating the highest revenue for Sigma:
1. Contemporary/Sports 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM (Store links: Amazon, B&H, Adorama, eBay).
2. ART 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM (Store links: Amazon, B&H, Adorama, eBay).
3. ART 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM (Store links: Amazon, B&H, Adorama, eBay).
You see Sony? We need more f/1.4 lenses and a telezoom!
Found via Mirrorlessrumors