Three additions to the currently known specs:
16bit RAW output
Sony claims 15 stops dynamic range
iso is still the same as previous a7s2 – 409600
Base ISO for slog 3 is 160 instead of 1600 (As7II) on the pre-production unit.
I keep receiving bits of info from different sources. Not all info may be 100% accurate because most of the sources saw prototypes and maybe they missed some parts or Sony might not have enabled the full features.
Also: I have been told Sony uses a new passive cooling system. But I sill got no confirmation if this means there is no active vent at all (it may be that it has a vent for extreme conditions only?).
Rumored A7sIII specs recap
- New 12MP sensor with fast readout
- records FHD 240fps, 4k120fps 10bit 4:2:2 and 4K120fps raw over HDMI
- 600mbps bitrate
- Base ISO 160 for S-LOG3
- Max ISO 409600 (video)
- 16bit RAW output
- Sony claims 15 stops dynamic range
- world’s highest resolution new 9.44 million dot EVF (QXGA resolution)
- new kind of passive (noise free) cooling system
- no overheating, no recording time limits
- UHSII card support
- Looks pretty similar to a Sony A7rIV.
- fully articulating screen like the one used by the Sony ZV-1.
- announcement late July
- shipment start mid August