A couple of days ago I got an odd rumor about the A7sIII card slot types and finally today I got the definitive answer:
The Sony A7sIII will be the first camera to use the new CFexpress Type A cards. The cool thing is that the two slot camera will be capable to use two kind of cards in the same slot: SD cards and CFexpress Type A cards.
Nice solution form Sony! But the big question is: How much are those cards going to cost? Yet not a single of them is available on the market.
Rumored Sony A7sIII specs:
- New 12MP sensor with fast readout
- records FHD 240fps, 4k120fps 10bit 4:2:2 and 4K120fps raw over HDMI
- 600mbps bitrate
- Base ISO 160 for S-LOG3
- no Dual ISO
- Max ISO 409600 (video)
- 16bit RAW output
- Sony claims 15 stops dynamic range
- world’s highest resolution new 9.44 million dot EVF (QXGA resolution)
- new kind of passive (noise free) cooling system
- no overheating, no recording time limits
- UHSII card and CFexpress Type A card support (each of th two slots takes them both!)
- Looks pretty similar to a Sony A7rIV.
- fully articulating screen like the one used by the Sony ZV-1.
- announcement late July
- shipment start mid August
It’s finally time to join our Sony A7sIII facebook group!