(SR3) Did Zeiss just “leak” the Sony A7rII with 56+ Megapixel sensor?
Dear SAR readers, take a look at that image: flickr.com/photos/carlzeisslenses/17123880790/in/set-72157651844166820. Zeiss says it has been shot with the Sony A7r and the Batis 85mm lens. But notice two strange things:
1) The resolution of the image is 56 Megapixel (the image ratio is not 3:2. So it may be even slightly cropped form an original 59MP sensor image!).
2) The 56MP image has no camera name exif info (has been removed by Zeiss).
Now we have three possibilities:
1) Zeiss up-sized the images for some weird reason I cannot understand.
2) This is a A7II multishift created image (feature that will may be added in a future update). But it’s unlikely to be used on non-static objects and without tripod use (reflection in the eye shows photographer handholding the cam!).
3) Or they did shoot those images with the A7rII and then removed the EXIF info. What’s your guess?
The new A7rII is rumored to be announced between mid May and early June at last. Stay tuned on SAR!
To not miss any rumor quickly subscribe our social network:
RSS feed: http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/feed/
If you have some “rumor” to share just send me an anonymous messages here:
at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form you see on the right top of this site.
Reminder (SR = Sonyrumor):
SR1=probably fake rumor
SR2=rumor from unknown sources
SR3=50% chance it is correct
SR4=rumor from known sources
SR5=almost certainly correct!