I just received a short message from one of my anonymous sources: “A77 packshots are ready and currently being reviewed by management!“.
The source is reading us….feel free to ask him whatever you want to know about the A77. Hope he can/will answer your questions!
Things we know about tha A77:
– 24 megapixel sensor
– New advanced OLED(?) EVF
– UNCONFIRMED -> There were rumors (and also a Sony patent) about some kind of hybrid viewfinder ( a là Fuji X100 (Click here to see that camera on Amazon)?).
– ISO will go ‘up into the hundreds of thousands’
– price will be in the same area of the [shoplink 5117]Canon 60D ($900-1200. Click here to check price)[/shoplink] – The A77 has a bigger and robust body compared to current SLT cameras.
– The A77 will not have a flip-up mode to allow shooting without this extra sheet of glass in place.
– It will take CF+SD+MS cards, of which you can use two at the same time.
– With the new battery you can take around 1.000 pictures.
P.S.: Paul Genge of Sony UK said that “this camera will include such high specification features that current [shoplink 3228]A700[/shoplink] owners will be amazed”
P.P.S.: We have a new facebook page! Join us at http://www.facebook.com/sonyalpharumors!
Reminder (SR = Sonyrumor):
SR1=probably fake rumor
SR2=rumor from unkown sources
SR3=50% chance it is correct
SR4=rumor from known sources
SR5=almost certainly correct!