The following rumor has been sent to me be a new source I am in contact with for a couple of months. He is a new source and we still have to see if he is telling us the truth or not. That’s why you have to take everything here with a huge grain of salt. I am sure the first NEX-FF photocamera is coming in October and I posted two SR5 rumors (read one and read two).
What you read now is ranked SR2 (20-40% chance it may be correct). The new source said he got it via “friends”, he is not directly involved with Sony. So even if he could be honest…he may didn’t get the right info. Anyway, it’s a rumor site and sometimes even new source proved to be correct. Let’s see in one month if that new source will become one of my trusted
This is what he writes about the NEX-FF:
– ibis /5 axis/ up to 4,5 stops gain
– similiar design with nex-7 but some 15% more massive /in terms of dimensions and some 20% more weight than 7
– 1400 focus points, much improved metering
– 3,5,8,12 fps modes, also something they called ‘mega fast mode’ 14 pcs
– 1 new flash unit
– ‘improved video’ /whatever that means/
– new chip. Now, about chip, it will be decided which version will be implemented – 24, 32 or 36 mpix, the best results /speed and accuracy/ was achieved with 32 mpix chip, the most vivid colours and iso were with 24mpix and 36mpix is not so 10+ on tests. Also, this chip is little slower when put on ibis system.
– buffer – at least 1gb
– wifi – yes
– 3” screen, articulated in 3 axis
– 2 colours /black and some gray version/
– some new global software support
– new small adapter for a lenses
– New Oled EVF
I repeat, don’t take this too serious now. But if (I repeat “if”) he is sharing the correct specs that is definitely going to be a nice camera! I hope trusted sources can soon tell me if these specs are correct, close to correct or wrong. Thanks!!!
Message to sources: You can send me more info anonymously by using the contact form you see on the very right of your browser. You can also contact me directly at email@example.com.
Reminder (SR = Sonyrumor):
SR1=probably fake rumor
SR2=rumor from unknown sources
SR3=50% chance it is correct
SR4=rumor from known sources
SR5=almost certainly correct!