It’s really amazing to see how well perceived the RX100 is. SAR readers sent me so many new reviews that I already have to post a next reviews wrap up! (By the way thanks for all the SAR readers help!).
First of all the RX100 sales success never stops. It still sells more than any other mirrorless or DSRL or High end compact camera at Amazon US (Click here to see the ranking) and slowly climbing the rankings at Amazon UK and Amazon Germany too. So let’s take a look at some of the most recent new tests:
The well know filmmaker and blogger Philip Bloom (Click here) usually tests heavy and expensive video stuff only but he could not resists to take a look at the Sony RX100 too: “This is aVERY small camera with a crap load of stuff in it and it does most of it, from what I have so far, very well. The best pocket camera I have used to date, beating my beloved Canon S100.” You can see some videos on his website (one of them I embedded on top of this post).
An enthusiastic review has been posted by the guys from The Verge (Click here): “Sony’s RX100 is nothing short of the best all-around compact camera I’ve ever seen. Where mirrorless cameras made waves by downsizing DSLR-quality photos into a package you could throw into your coat, the RX100 does the same for your jeans. It’s really no exaggeration to say that it produces images roughly on par with an average DSLR and kit lens combination, making this a revolutionary camera that means you’ll always be in a situation where you can take genuinely high quality pictures.”
That’s not all. Here is a super fast link roundup of more reviews:
Sample Photos at SonyAlphaLab. Sony RX100 Hands-On Review at Photographybay. The french website LesNumeriques posted the full RX100 review and the camera earned five stars out of five. There is also an English version of the same review at Digitalversus. RX100 review at DPS. New RX100 video by Outbackphoto. RX100 review at Trustedreviews, and in german at Der Spiegel. Another german Rx100 vs Fuji X10 comparison at SystemKameraBlog. Again another german review at Dkamera and Colorfoto.
Before to talk about the next A99 rumor I really invite everyone to stay tuned on SAR. I toke off some time from my daily work to deal the huge amount of rumors I am getting in these days. Most of the rumors are form top sources. So stay tuned and subscribe our RSS feed or follow me on Twitter and join the super friendly Facebook comunity
That A99 rumor is coming via super trusted sources and has been rewritten in a bad childish english to hide the language style
1) First, the a99 sports a standard ISO hot-shoe! Finally I can say!!! They built a very compact adapter to fit current alpha flashes onto the A99 hot-shoe. The ISO adapter mounts very similar to a nikon flash, where you slide in the hot-shoe and then turn a lever to securely lock it into place. This means in the future, Sony’s new flashes will be using the standard ISO hot-shoe. Death of the alpha plastic hot-shoe!
2) There is also a customizable control wheel at the bottom left of the camera. It looks like they created a variation of the Nex-7 tri-navi system.
3) Look: Very similar to the A77, just a bit bigger and with a more pronounced hump at the top. Same articulating screen. The control dial on the top left now has a center locking button. You will need to depress that button before you can turn the control dial. No more turning it by accident.
4) This is SR2: The 102 AF points AF sensor is actually a dumb’d down AF module. The ORIGINAL af module developed for the a99 has a much higher number of af points. I don’t know how true it is. But it is something good to know.
5) As we know the A99 has 102(!) Focus Point. In a Local Point Mode (Where You Can Select One specific Point to Focus) you can select only one of fourty. The other neighbors Focus Point Will Work as Focus assisting points.
More rumors are coming in every hour….stay tuned on SAR!!!
Our reader Paul (Thanks!) fand that the Indonesian agency postel.go.id just listed the new Sony NEX cameras having Wi Fi support. The NEX-5R and NEX-6. We know from previous rumors we got from our sources that this cameras will have:
NEX-5R: 180 degree flip screen (like the NEX-F3) and 16 Megapixel sensor and Wi Fi support
NEX-6: Built in Electronic viewfinder (lower resolution compared tot he NEX-7 viewfinder). Wi Fi support and price between NEX-7 and NEX-5R.
The cameras will be announced in September right before the Photokina show. There will be also three new NEX lenses, a 16-50mm pancake (I am 99% sure this is coming) a 11-18mm pancake and a fast prime lens.
If you are one of these guys knowing some “Sony secret” you can share it anonymously by using the contact form on the right sidebar. No identification requested! Or if you prefer, contact me (Andrea) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
P.S: Join the SAR community on Facebook (Click here).
Sigma USA just introduced a new Sony Alpha Mount lens rebate running throught the whole month of JUne. You can get up to $200 instant savings on those lenses:
$50 off on the Sigma 10mm at Amazon and BHphoto.
$50 off on the Sigma 8-16mm at Amazon and BHphoto.
$50 off on the Sigma 17-50mm at Amazon and BHphoto.
$50 off on the Sigma 28mm at BHphoto.
$100 off on the Sigma 50-150mm at BHphoto.
$150 off on the Sigma 50-500mm at Amazon and BHphoto.
$50 off on the Sigma 50mm at Amazon and BHphoto.
$200 off on the Sigma 105mm at Amazon and BHphoto.
$75 off on the Sigma 12-24mm at Amazon and BHphoto.
$75 off on the Sigma 24-70mm at Amazon and BHphoto.
$100 off on the Sigma 70-200mm at Amazon and BHphoto.
$50 off on the Sigma 70-300mm at Amazon and BHphoto.
Some are really great lenses and you may grab them now!