ThePhoBlographer (Click here) is the first website posting a hands-on of the new lens. In short this is what they think about the lens:
- it’s super light and small and very well balanced with the Sony NEX 5n.
- you won’t be able to put a filter on it
- manual focusing works fairly well but still not the best from my initial tests.
- wide open at f2.8, the lens offers hexagonal bokeh balls.
- distortion levels are also relatively acceptable.
- it tends to render all images more towards the blue side
I like Rokinon/Samyang lenses a lot and I recommend you the following two lenses for Alpha mount:
1) The 35mm f/1.4: In US you can find it as Rokinon at Amazon (Click here), Adorama (Click here), BHphoto (Click here) and on eBay (Click here). In Europe the name is Samyang and you can find it on eBay (Click here) and with the name Wallimex again on eBay (Click here).
2) The 85mm f/1.4: You can get for $274 on Amazon (Click here), branded with the name Rokinon on eBay (Click here) and branded with the name Samyang on eBay (Click here).