For weeks Rob Skeoch from ThePictureDesk (Click here) is heavily testing the Sony NEX-7. I have some doubt that Rob will ever return the camera to Sony
He posted a couple of interesting articles about the NEX-7 and Zeiss ZM combination:
1) Sony NEX7 with Zeiss M-mount 18mm ZM (ThePictureDesk). Lens specs and price on eBay (Click here).
2) Sony NEX7 with Zeiss M-mount 21mm ZM (ThePictureDesk). Lens specs and price on eBay (Click here).
3) Sony NEX7 with Zeiss M-mount 25mm ZM (ThePictureDesk). Lens specs and price on eBay (Click here).
4) Sony NEX7 with Zeiss M-mount 28mm ZM (ThePictureDesk). Lens specs and price on eBay (Click here).
5) Sony NEX7 with Zeiss M-mount 35mm ZM (ThePictureDesk). Lens specs and price on eBay (Click here).
6) Sony NEX7 with Zeiss M-mount 50mm ZM Sonnar (ThePictureDesk). Lens specs and price on eBay (Click here).
7) Sony NEX7 with Zeiss M-mount 85mm ZM (ThePictureDesk). Lens specs and price on eBay (Click here).
The Zeiss ZM is an amazing fulflrame film system. Sony should take inspiration from the ZM camera and ZM lenses for their new fullframe NEX system!
Photographyblog (Click here) posted the next Sony review. That time they tested the new Sony A65, the little sister (with the same sensor) of the A77. And the camera gets Highly Recommended! Here is the reason: “Image quality is excellent, with results from the 24.3 APS-C sensor easily rivalling the DSLR competition. The OLED viewfinder is simply the best EVF that we’ve ever had the pleasure of using. The A65 is still a fantastic SLT camera that is a genuine threat to the more conventional prosumer DSLRs on the market.”
The A65 is in Stock almost everywhere in the world now: Check at Amazon, B&H, Adorama, J&R, eBay.
And there is also a new NEX-5n review at Pocket-Lint (Click here): “The NEX-5N has two major things going for it: image quality and its HD movie mode. There’s no other compact system camera out there that can better the 5N’s images (except, perhaps, for the as-yet-untested NEX-7), though the distortion at wide-angle settings can make for edge softness issues. As for the second point: the 1080p movie mode is exceptional in quality, control and performance terms. In fact we’d go as far as saying there’s no other CSC out there at this price point that’s as good in this department.“.
I own the NEX-5n and also highly recommend it: Amazon, B&H, Adorama, J&R, eBay.
Since yesterday the A77 is in Stock at Amazon (Click here). And it is climbing the Amazon rankings (Click here to it). It now is on Position 9! Why is that interesting? For years now Canon or Nikon cameras are holding the first position. Only the Sony NEX-7 came close to the first position (on Pos. 3). I am really curious to see how close the A77 will come on top. To bad the NEX-7 will be delayed (until February?). That was that camera that could have reached position one!
UPDATE: The A77 is now in Stock in most stores and already a hotseller at Amazon US (Click here to see the top 20 most requested cameras). Good news for Sony! And the A77 is doing even better in at Amazon Deutschland (Click here). Here (at the time of writing) it is on position 4th!