An anonymous reader sent us this picture found on the chinese Xitek (P.S.: He forgot to send me the link…you may send it to me?). My sources told me that this is a 100% correct picture of the upcoming new Sony A99 Full Frame SLT camera. The camera will be announced next week on Wednesday September 12th. As I told you before Sony wanted to realize the best hybrid video and still Full Frame camera on market by beating the current Canon 5DmarkIII. What is coming along the A99 is not only a camera but also a whole system of innovative accessories around it. It also marks the possible end of the classic DSLR Full Frame line with optical viewfinders. The A850 (Click here) and the A900 (Click here) were the last two models with viewfinder.
Below you can find the full A99 specs and the info about all the rest of the Sony stuff that is going to be announced on the same say. I want to highlight once again that I can confirm that there is also a new unexpected professional NEX camera coming too! I am working on that rumor but it looks like only few people on the world have access to the info. It’s the best kept Sony secret ever. I have been told this is a “Game Changer camera”. I highly recommend you all to follow SonyAlphaRumors in these days. Sony may be the big star at Photokina if all those rumors are correct. And to not miss any single news be sure to follow the RSS feed and Twitter stream and join the Facebook fan page!
Sony A99 specs
- 24.3 Mpx Full frame CMOS Exmor sensor
- SLT technology
- New Bionz imaging engine
- 14 bit RAW recording
- 10 fps
- ISO 100 up to 25.600
- 50 ISO extended (with lower dynamic range)
- 102 AF point AF (11 cross).
- AF range
- MF assist
- Dual Phase detection system (with AF phase pixels on sensor)
- 30 sec and 1/8000 maximum shutter speed
- Time Lag 0.05 sec.
- Shutter life guarantee of 200,000 cycles
- 2.360k OLED electronic viewfinder
- 3″921k LCD with same tilting system of the A77
- Full HD video recording at 1920×1080/50p (US: 60p) AVCHD 2.0 format.
- Clean HDMI output
- Built-in stereo mic
- Auto HDR capability
- New multi-segment low pass filter
- Photodiode expansion technology
- Light concentration technology
- Selective noise reduction
- Ultrasonic anti dust system
- In body image stabilization
- Two memory slots: SD and SD+MS cards
- USB: 2.0
- Announced on September 12, 2012
- Available in stores in late October 2012
- New accessories to be released with the a99: battery grip, flash, remote control, microphone etc.
- Very light, weather sealed magnesium alloy body.With 730 g this is the lightest FF body on market!
- Price unconfirmed yet but should be at around 2800 Euro/Dollars.
All Photokina stuff coming from Sony
- Sony A99: 24MP Exmor CMOS full frame sensor, AVHCD 2.0. Price $2799. Available in mid October.
- Sony NEX-6: 16MP Exmor CMOS APSC sensor, AVHCD 2.0. Price around $1000.
- Sony NEX PRO camera: Super secret first professional NEX camera with yet unknown specs.
- Sony 300mm f/2.8 G SSM II lens (SAL300f28GII): Nano AR coating, weather sealed, SSM (Super Sonic Wave Motor), DMF (Direct Manual Focus), focus hold button. Price: $7500, to be released in October, 2012.
- Sony 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6 SAM lens (already announced and available for preorder at BHphoto).
- Sony E-mount 10-18 f/4 OSS: available in November 2012 for $850.
- Sony E-mount 35mm f/1.8 OSS: available in December 2012 for $450.
- Sony E-mount 16-50 f/3.5-5.6 OSS (kit lens): available in January 2013 for $350.
- Sony HVL-F60M flash: guide number: 60, built-in LED light, price: $550.
- Sony HVL-RL1 ring flash: priced around $350.
- Sony VG-C99AM vertical grip for a99: weather sealed, price: $380.
- Sony XLR-K1M audio input terminal: price: $800.
- Sony RMT-DSLR2 remote control.
- Sony LCS-BP3 back pack.
- Sony NEX-VG900 camcorder: interchangeable lens HD camera with 24MP Exmor CMOS full frame sensor, 1080×1920 video recording at 24p/60p, 3″ LCD, XGA OLED EVF, price: $3,300.
- Sony NEX-VG30/VG30H camcorders: 16MP Exmor APS-C sensor, BIONZ processor, 1080×1920 video recording at 24p/60p, 3″ LCD, XGA OLED EVF, available in November from $1,800.
Support: I am putting all my free time on SAR and if you want to support costs and the time I am putting into this you can help me to earn some small commission when doing purchase through those affiliate links: Amazon, B&H, Adorama, eBay. Once clicked on them you can purchase whatever you want I will earn a small commission through it. Of course you don’t pay any penny more on the products price. Thanks!
Reminder (SR = Sonyrumor):
SR1=probably fake rumor
SR2=rumor from unknown sources
SR3=50% chance it is correct
SR4=rumor from known sources
SR5=almost certainly correct!