The next major photoshow is the CP+ show which starts on March 1. All manufacturers will announce new cameras/lenses and I expect the same to happen from Sony. First let’s start from two facts:
1) Sony registered a new camera code which usually means there will be a new camera launch within 3-4 months.
2) Sony discontinued the A5000.
So what can we hope to get? Here is a list of rumored (but mostly unconfirmed) stuff:
- We know both the A7III and A7sIII will be announced this year. But the A7sIII will more likely be announced at the NAB show in April. So I guess the A7III is a good candidate for a possible Cp+ announcement.
- Also hot rumored is a new A5xxx APS-C E-mount camera model.
- RX models are usually introduced in May-June. If Sony sticks to that “tradition” we will not see any new RX camera at CP+
- On the lens front we have a possible launch of a new Sony 135mm FE and 200-600mm FE.
- What’s very hot is that we might see Sigma’s first native FE lenses! This one will be big!
- Venusoptics will launch the Laowa 9mm f/2.8 APS-C E-mount lens
- The Zeiss 25mm f/2.4 FE is coming too
February promises to be an exciting month…
To not miss any rumor quickly subscribe our social network:
RSS feed: https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/feed/
If you have some “rumor” to share just send me an anonymous messages here:
at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form you see on the right top of this site.
Reminder (SR = Sonyrumor):
SR1=probably fake rumor
SR2=rumor from unknown sources
SR3=50% chance it is correct
SR4=rumor from known sources
SR5=almost certainly correct!