Hiroyuki Matsushita, Yasuyuki Nagata and Hirokuni Miya
Imaging Resource interviewed three Sony managers
- We always listen to customers feedback
- Only few customers asked for a resolution increase. That’s why the A7rIII still has the same Megapixel number as the A7rII: “yes, some customers want even higher megapixels. But a majority of customers requested different areas of development such as longer battery life, for instance or faster autofocus, or even the picture quality in low-light conditions. So considering that kind of feedback, we decided which way we should go for the third generation, based upon the customers of our Alpha 7R-series.“
- Technology development moves faster than expected so customers sometimes don’t ask for certain things sony can actually do
- Unlike the A9 the A7 series is made for a wider range of customers (male, female, young, senior). And for that range body size matters.That’s why the A7rIII kept the same light size/weight.
- Sony did decide to NOT adopt XQD cards because accessibility of those cards is still limited
Overall this is an interesting interview I recommend you to read in full!
Sony A7rIII at Amazon, Bhphoto, Adorama, BuyDig, FocusCamera, Calumet DE, Wex UK. Photo Porst Neuwied. Sony Netherland. Sony Australia. Sony Japan.
Sony 24-105mm at Amazon, Bhphoto, Adorama, BuyDig, FocusCamera, Amazon DE, Calumet DE, Wex UK.
Join the A7rIII facebook group to discuss the camera features and tests!