As you know Sony said the As7II successor will have “everything new”. As a consequence of this I saw on the web some websites speculating about a completely new design of the camera. I now know of two people that saw and tested shortly the A7sII successor. While they can’t unveil the specs for obvious reasons they said that the camera design will not change dramatically and it looks pretty similar to a Sony A7rIV.
Rumored A7sII successor specs so far:
- Looks pretty similar to a Sony A7rIV.
- world’s highest resolution new 9.44 million dot EVF (QXGA resolution)
- passive (noise free) cooling system
- UHSII card support
- announcement late July
What Sony said about the As7II successor:
- announcement this summer
- will “exceed everyone’s expectations“.
- The ‘S’ originally stood for ‘sensitivity’ but now it should stand for ‘supreme’ in terms of image quality, and expression
- at least 4K/60p, 10-bit 4:2:2 but it will be more
- Raw video
If someone reading this post has any A7sIII specs info drop me a message using this anonymous contact box (use an nickname to be recognizable in the future) or drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!