Image on top shows the current Sony A7c. The new High end APS-C camera will look very similar to it.
Another (new!) source told me this about the new High end camera. Not sure if it’s true but I guess it is:
The Alpha 6900 is a limited 32Mp APS-C Exmor RS version of Alpha 1 (Resolution: 6912×4608). It limits the the continuous shooting speed to 20FPS. And It use a pure electronic shutter with fast flash synchronization time at 1/250s. So the body of Alpha 6900 is even lighter than Alpha 6600.
To sum up:
- Basically, an a7c with an aps-c sensor.
- same EVF, LCD resolution
- same tilt screen
- same new menus
- only minor tweaks to a7c body
- BUT improved IBIS using smaller APS-C sensor
- New sensor
- higher resolution over current APS-C line
- same FPS as a6600 but now pushing larger files
- improved low-light performance
- reduced rolling shutter
- video specs may be close to a7c
- price similar to a7c