You can now download the new firmware update at Sony’s website.
Benefits and Improvements from the latest update
- Adds the Hi Frequency flicker function, which allows you to reduce the impact of flickering of artificial light sources (e.g. digital signage, electronic signboards, LED lights, etc.), by more finely adjusting the shutter speed
NOTE: The Imaging Edge Remote, Imaging Edge Mobile, and Remote Camera Tool software will not be supported after April 9th, 2020
- Improves the Face/Eye Priority in the AF function:
- When set to a custom key, the Face/Eye Priority in the AF function can be activated or deactivated each time the custom key is pressed
- If Face/Eye Priority is already set to custom key, this improvement will be available after the camera is updated
- Improves the Remote Camera Tool function by adding support for displaying Focus Frame for almost all scenes
NOTE: Version 2.00 (or later) of the Remote Camera Tool is required. Please update to the latest version.
- Improves the FTP transfer function
- Allows the camera’s MAC address to be displayed as a QR code
- Adds a function to close the shutter when you turn off the camera to prevent dust or debris from adhering to the image sensor when you change lenses
- Allows you to save or load the customized camera settings to My MENU
- Improves the overall stability of the camera