I know the A57 is coming and a source also told me there is one more camera coming too but I don’t know the specs yet. I hope my soruces can confirm soon if that rumor is true or not. I would certainly be happy if it would be correct! Here are the specs Carl got from his source.
- -New body design, similar to [shoplink 8459]A65[/shoplink] in size
- -Larger brighter OVF than the A580 (still penta-mirror, cost savings) at .92x magnification “w/data overlay” @ 97% coverage
- -Similar live view system as the A450 (away goes the second sensor and mechanisms that cost extra money), more traditional main sensor live view with faster contrast detect AF than previous Sony DSLRS, this time for all lenses
- -updated 18.4 mp APS-C CMOS sensor
- -up to 8fps capture with full metering and af capabilities (A580 could do only 5fps with metering/af)
- -same battery as A580, A65, A77
- -new “wide coverage” 15 point AF system (new type with 5 cross type sensors)
- -full 1080p HD video will be included (no specifics on this)
- -Dual card slots (no specifics on type)
- -New pop up flash (not sure how this will work, assume bounce and regular?)
- -Silver and Black model (depending on territory)
- -New quieter mirror box mechanism and shutter
- -First curtain electronic shutter mode
- -Moisture/dust preventive measures (but not moisture or dust resistant)
- -3 custom function buttons
- -Updated Quick Navi Menu interface (assume like A65’s which isn’t true quick navi like A900/etc.)
- -Dual control wheels, rear is scroll and click type
- -Due this year before fall
Let’s cross the fingers!
P.S.: Don’t forget there is a huge Sony announcement day o March 13! The A57 is coming (and maybe NEX stuff too!).
Reminder (SR = Sonyrumor):
SR1=probably fake rumor
SR2=rumor from unknown sources
SR3=50% chance it is correct
SR4=rumor from known sources
SR5=almost certainly correct!