Pictured on top: The Sony DT 11-18mm f/4.5-5.6. There will be a similar zoom for fullframe within 2011.
It’s very difficult for me to get reliable info about the upcoming lenses. This because the recent Earthquake in Japan changed the plan of all camera manufactors (Sony and Zeiss). As I already told you the 500mm f/4.0 G lens has been delayed and I have to check what of the orgiginal 4-5 planed Fullframe lenses will be announced within 2011. But there is one small reliable info I can share with you today. Sony should release a premium ultrawide G fullframe zoom within end 2011. I have been told it is “along the lines of the 11-18 but much higher quality, and not DT” Check the 11-18 Sont DT lens at Amazon, B&H, Adorama, J&R, eBay.
One more rumor (SR2)
I ask my sources if they know something about that Zeiss lens roadmap I got from a new source:
14mm Distagon f/2.8
28mm Distagon f/2
35mm Distagon f/1.4
200mm ApoSonnar f/2
Would love this to be true!!! If you know more about the lens roadmap feel free to drop me a text at email@example.com or use the contact form on the right sidebar (it’s anonymous!)
The current Zeiss fullframe lenses are the:
- SAL-1635Z 16-35mm f/2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* (Check those direct search links for price and specs: Amazon, B&H, Adorama, J&R, eBay)
- SAL-24F20Z Sony Distagon T* 24mm f/2 SSM (Price and specs: Amazon, B&H, Adorama, J&R, eBay)
- SAL-2470Z 24-70mm f/2.8 Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* (Price and specs: Amazon, B&H, Adorama, J&R, eBay)
- SAL-85F14Z Telephoto 85mm f/1.4 Carl Zeiss Planar T* (Price and specs: Amazon, B&H, Adorama, J&R, eBay)
- SAL-135F18Z 135mm f/1.8 Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* (Price and specs: Amazon, B&H, Adorama, J&R, eBay)
Don’t miss any rumors. Join us on Facebook, Twitter and follow our RSS-feed!
Reminder (SR = Sonyrumor):
SR1=probably fake rumor
SR2=rumor from unknown sources
SR3=50% chance it is correct
SR4=rumor from known sources (60-80% the rumor is correct)
SR5=almost certainly correct!