Good news from Tamron: “no delays are taking place with regard to the development of Tamron interchangeable lenses”
Well at last some good news folks: Tamron issued an official press release to inform their shareholders about the Covid19 outbreak. And it looks like the company hasn’t been really affected hard by this. Some interesting facts:
– plant in Foshan, China, was closed until February 9, operations were gradually restarted as of February 10, employees are now attending work as scheduled, with no current impact on plant operations;
– plants in Japan and Vietnam are operating as usual;
– no delays are taking place with regard to the development of Tamron interchangeable lenses;
– sales in China account for around 10% of total sales of Tamron interchangeable lenses;
– sales in China are performing more weakly than usual, sales in other regions are not seeing any major impact now.
I hope this means the 70-180mm f/2.8 FE lens is going to be on market before Summer!