Just a reminder for those who have missed to read the past rumors on SAR. This is the 90% reliable recap of what’s coming next from Sony and Zeiss:
- Sony announcement on Sept 14 at 9.30am CET time. They will likely announce new camcorder gear only. There is only 10% chance to see the A7sIII :(
- UPDATED: Sony announcement around September 20 (could be +/- 1 day). It’s confirmed there will be new E-mount lenses. Most certainly a 24mm f/1.4 GM. And maybe new 135mm f/1.8 GM too
- Sony press conference on September 25. Unclear what’s going to be announced (if anything at all)
- Zeiss press conference on September 27. Batis 40mm f/2.0 and the new fixed lens FF camera from Zeiss will be announced
- One more Sony press conference and product announcement in mid-October
- We know for sure Sony has two cameras ready: The new High End APS-C E-mount camera (not a direct A6500 successor) and the new A7sIII. But we have no SR5 confirmation about when they will be announced.