The lens review website Photozone tested the new E-mount 16mm and 18-55mm lenses. According to their tests the 16mm lens “technically it isn’t really an impressive lens“. They liked the 18-55mm which “is a very decent kit zoom lens“.
Sony redefines the DSLR category – a world first in Translucent Mirror Technology (via Pocket Lint)
Keep visiting that post! We will update you with all news previews image samples and more!
1) PRE-ORDERS (coming soon! Click on those links to see when it is available) Amazon US (still not available….coming soon!) BHphoto (still not available…coming soon!) Amazon Germany (still not available…coming soon!) Amazon UK (still not available…coming soon!)
4) TESTS Letsgodigital Sony A580 preview Dpreview Sony SLT Alpha A55 Noise and Noise Reduction (JPEG*). “Even at ISO 3200 the A55 is capable of producing very good image quality” and “the A55 offers the best performance in our measured noise tests” Dpreview RAW files for download! Dpreview “The Sony Alpha SLT A55 has an extremely capable metering system, which helps enormously to avoid clipped highlights”
5) INTERESTING NOTES
- The 24mm and 85mm lenses will start shipping late September at $1,250 and $250 respectively. The 35mm will be available from mid-October at a price of $200.
- The designation ‘SLT’ stands for single lens translucent
- The A580 will be available from October 2010 and the A560 will arrive early 2011.
- According to Sony the translucent mirror reflects 30% of the light to a large 15-point phase detection AF sensor. You have a 1/3EV reduction in light transmission for the sensor.
- Dpreview: “The EVF in the A55 and A33 is excellent.”
- Imaging Resource: “The Sony Alpha A55V, the version sold in the United States, has one standout feature not present in the A55 and A33: a built-in GPS receiver. This allows both still images and movies to be automatically tagged with information about the location at which they were recorded.”
- Imaging Resource: “Video capture is an area where the Sony A55′s translucent mirror technology makes a huge difference relative to pretty any other SLR currently on the market”
- Luminous Landscape: “And finally, there is eye detect, so that viewing switches between the LCD and the EVF automatically as you raise it to eye level. ” and “There is a Achilles Heel though, which needs to be understood. PDAF (phase detection autofocus) is done with the lens at its widest aperture. This means that if you want to shoot video with PDAF you lens will always be used at its maximum aperture.”
On Sony Japan you can also see the specs and pictures of the new external microphone for the new Alpha cameras (click here for the google english translation)
■ Microphone ECM-ALST1
Release Date: October, expected to release retail price: 15,750 yen (tax included)
Stereo microphone that can record sound realistic.
Spindle orientation angle formula – 90/120 switching time can be selected to suit the purpose of picking up the sound range.
Release Date: September 17, suggested retail price: 24,150 yen (tax included)
You can record audio of the subject firm targeted, highly directional microphone.
Disclaimer: SonyAlphaRumors has no affiliation with any of the equipment manufacturers mentioned on this site. Please visit their official websites by typing the specific brand name and adding .com after it in your browser. All trademarks and brands belong to their respective owners.
Here is the definition of the word “rumor” according to Merriam Webster dictionary:
Etymology: Middle English rumour, from Anglo-French, from Latin rumor clamor, gossip; akin to Old English rēon to lament, Sanskrit rauti he roars
Date: 14th century
1: talk or opinion widely disseminated with no discernible source
2: a statement or report current without known authority for its truth
3 archaic : talk or report of a notable person or event
Content Copyright If you want to use any image from this website you have to ask for permission. You cannot copy more than 20 words from any of our posts. And you have to define the source with "Source: SonyAlphaRumors.com" (working link).
Click on the Share button below to write the message!
Name and email are NOT required so you can stay anonymous. Also the IP-address will not be submitted to us. Use Imageshack to share pictures (anonymously).