Over 4.000 unique voters decided which features are the most important for the future Sony Fullframe cameras. You can see the voting results here: https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/poll-vote-your-future-sony-ff-must-have-features/. First I want to thank you all for participating the voting. I will send the results to Sony and see what they think about it. And now, what did we learn from your voting?
1) Real photography: People wants Sony to stop the Megapixel race and focus on higher dynamic range, low noise, manual controls, and top quality 16bit RAW. I couldn’t agree more with the SAR readers! Well done! Let’s go back to real photographer needs!
2) What are the surprises? Many are waiting for a new Mirrorless Fullframe camera (34% of all voters). And 30% of you want that camera to have in body IS!
3) There is still a big need for optical viewfinders! 26% of you want the “old” DSLR design back in Sony’s roadmap. The question is, will EVF become as good as OVF? If Sony can manage to archive that goal than I am sure that big amount of OVF voters will become less and less in time.
One of our readers made an extremely accurate analysis of the results. He created the graphs you can when clicking on these links:
part one, part two, part three, part four, part five, part six, part seven, part eight.
There are a couple of things to consider here:
1) The poll will have no influence on the products released next year as the development of those products has almost terminated.
2) I want to quote Henry Ford’s famous phrase: “If I’d asked customers what they wanted, they would have said “a faster horse“. Good companies should go beyond the current “believes” of the mass. So Sony, feel free to surprise use! ;)
And now let me know what are your “evaluation” of the poll!!!