Sony marketing is finally giving some sign of live and they are spreading good news regarding the future of Alpha and NEX! Mark Weir has been interviewed by Imaging Resource. The interview is very long and full of interesting news. Thanks Mark for answering all questions! I am sure also SonyAlphaRumors readers will appreciate it ;)
A few interesting notes:
– NEX They are by far the number one selling mirrorless cameras in the United States…the [shoplink 4617]A580[/shoplink] and also the [shoplink 3617]A55[/shoplink] have seen demand that has exceeded just about everyone’s initial expectations
– . We’ve been acutely aware of the concern for the arrival of the A700 successor — actually, quite acutely aware, and we’re sorry that it’s taken as long as it has — but we believe that when this successor arrives, everyone will realize that it was very valuable to first develop the technologies and the capabilities that will go into the model, and to save it for those.
– With another year of development of those key devices, we believe that we’ll see a new generation of translucent mirror cameras with new capabilities
– I think it comes as no surprise that many of the models that really are attracting the attention of many enthusiast, semi-pro and even professional users these days are no longer full-frame, but rather the very, very top-end of the APS-C line-ups that are being created. ….This has led to longer life cycles for full-frame cameras
– The 500mm f/4 is coming soon